EKN Platinum Forum - Russell
HOME - NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - MULTIMEDIA - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - INTERNATIONAL NEWS - NEW TO KARTING - CONTACT

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
Pull start KT100???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Helps

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rich santana wrote:
anybody see one of these in action? besides on video...

Do you mean the official Yamaha one, or the other one? I have the Yamaha starter, so I have certainly seen that in action Smile.

Incidentally, the other kit is for sale on eBay for $137.50:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/GO-KART-SELF-STARTER-ASSEMBLE_W0QQitemZ270219939886QQihZ017QQcategoryZ107068QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Someone emailed me to ask about it - apparently the seller is not responding to questions. If anyone buys it, I'd be very curious to know how well it works.
salvatore Lopresti

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can I find one of these?
Al Hernandez

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post the picture of the "Pull Start" again ? The electric starter looks very good, hopefully the price will go a bit lower. Thanks.
Al.
Karl Cleeton

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Ikerd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know if the yamaha KT-100SED engines are being ran in the U.S.? legal for IKF? and is there any way to buy just the starter kit for the regular KT-100SE engines?
thanks,
kyle
Karl Cleeton

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle I,

Chris Helps last post on page 1 has a link to MTD where he got his kit.

Is it IKF legal?, if I had to take a wild guess I would say probably not. Maybe someone with an IKF rule book can chime in here and help verify this.

As for the KT pull starter setup, Keith Freber at Margay has them availabe if anyone is looking for one.

Al Hernandez,

Maybe you can post on here to share how your pull start install went and how it works, (pros & cons). Have you mastered reaching over your shoulder and starting it while sitting in the seat yet?
Al Hernandez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl, I haven't installed yet. The weather is been to cold, specially in the garage. Take care.
Al.
Al Hernandez

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Pull start KT100??? Reply with quote

Al Hernandez,

Maybe you can post on here to share how your pull start install went and how it works, (pros & cons). Have you mastered reaching over your shoulder and starting it while sitting in the seat yet?

Karl Cleeton: Installation was very easy. I had to remove the ignition cover/ remove ignition rotor nut/ bolt the aluminum spacer and starter cup to the ignition rotor/install the new extended nut and then install the recoil spacer and recoil assembly. It works great and the best part is that there is no perfomance loss with this part !! I have fun and no I haven't mastered reaching over my shoulder and starting it while sitting in the seat. Crying or Very sad [/b]
Al Hernandez.
jack rogan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone post me a link to buy either the pull start kit or the electric kit?
ive check ebay and cant seem to find them and i cant seem to navigate around the MTD site very easily.

thanks very much
Al Hernandez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Pull start KT100??? Reply with quote

Jack, I bought mine from MARGAY Racing Products. Call them and ask if they still have " The recoil Assembly, Yamaha KT-100SE " Part # 083102. As for the electric starter it was way to expensive for my pockets.(600 + dollars) Shocked Hope this helps
P.S. Their telephone # is : (314) 771-4242
Al.
Todd Bellew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What brand starter motor does it use?
Rob Bartlett

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Any leads? Reply with quote

I recently picked up a KT100 kart, and would love to get my hands on one of these recoil starters. Per the info above I contacted Margay - they sold out awhile ago, but suggested I contact Comet. I contacted Comet and they, too, are totally sold out.

Anyone have more leads as to where one could be found?
Ken Olson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Pull starter.. Reply with quote

Check some of the kart shops in Australia.. since our de-evaluation to the dollar.. they are about par..
Rob Bartlett

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: sorry... newbie Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. I'm kind of new to this... any specific recommendations? Smile
Chris Helps

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jack rogan wrote:
can anyone post me a link to buy either the pull start kit or the electric kit?
ive check ebay and cant seem to find them and i cant seem to navigate around the MTD site very easily.

thanks very much

For a while, MTD could no longer get the electric starter - their importer had stopped handling them. MTD may have them again now - I'd suggest calling them, and if they don't have them, ask for the name of the importer, or of someone else who might supply them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> 2-Cycle Racing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: