EKN Platinum Forum - Russell
HOME - NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - MULTIMEDIA - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - INTERNATIONAL NEWS - NEW TO KARTING - CONTACT

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
EKN v2.1 - Transition to New Forums
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> General Karting Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Howden
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: EKN v2.1 - Transition to New Forums Reply with quote

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 marks the final day of action on the original eKartingNews.com Forums, as the website will transition to a new era with the debut of EKN v2.1 later today. The new website will feature a new and interactive forum where the new possibilities are endless.

These current forums will remain accessible through a new URL, as this edition of EKN will be found at www.eknclassic.com. I would suggest bookmarking that web address so that you can come back to the site as an archive. We have already disabled the ability to post new threads in these forums, and will only allow for the continuance of active threads. Threads that go dormant for more than a day will be locked down. The concept is to move the discussion to the forums as the new EKN, and we would respectfully request that our dedicated forum patrons hop on the new site and fire up some new threads to get things rolling.

To help with the transition, EKN will be contacting a handful of loyal and regular posters via email to set up their accounts directly. Weíll do the same with our valued advertisers who regularly post in the Business & Retail Classifieds to reach our readership. You will need to register again for the new site. The registration is a simple task, similar to what members found here. We will be maintaining the same guidelines as always, and will require members to sign up using their real name.

If you have any questions, please be sure to email us at webmaster@ekartingnews.com

We want to thank everyone who has been part of these forums for the last 11+ years and will hope that you all enjoy EKN v2.1.
www.eKartingNews.ca
www.eFormulaCarNews.com
Johnny Brooks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else having trouble registering on new site?

Registered but never got confirmation email.

Can't re-register because system has my user name and won't allow duplicate.

Emailed thru webmaster/help link but have heard nothing back.

Sad
Tony Leone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the confirmation email, make sure to check your junk mail folder.

But looks like they have Admin approval turned on so one of them need to manually approve each registration anyway.
Robert Lawson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, how the ^%#$@ do you GET to the new site?????

No links, nothing. I tried searching EKNv2.1 no help.

Would it have been too tough to add a bloody link to the announcement?????

It was there this morning when I looked in but had no time to register. A little help for us "slow" guys please????!!!!!!!!

RPM
Tim Salvino

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Lawson wrote:
Hey man, how the ^%#$@ do you GET to the new site?????

No links, nothing. I tried searching EKNv2.1 no help.

Would it have been too tough to add a bloody link to the announcement?????

It was there this morning when I looked in but had no time to register. A little help for us "slow" guys please????!!!!!!!!

RPM

Drop the "www." from the url. It's just "ekartingnews.com"
Jim White

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Brooks wrote:
Anybody else having trouble registering on new site?

Registered but never got confirmation email.

Can't re-register because system has my user name and won't allow duplicate.

Emailed thru webmaster/help link but have heard nothing back.

Sad

I'm waiting too. I assume as someone else stated they have to manually do it one by one.
I do notice on the log in page though I see where it says "log in" in 2 seperate locations but my screen has no text box to type into. Gonna try from home tonight and see what it looks like on that machine.
I really hoped they learned from the mylaps debacle Very Happy
Robert Lawson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tony Leone"]I got the confirmation email, make sure to check your junk mail folder. quote]

Guys, check there first........I didn't and had some apologizing to do!

Sorry RH, DC......and the rest of the EKN family.
Clark Gaynor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, haven' trouble with the new site!!!! Re-registered, the whole deal and now it doesn't recognize any login I try. No email confirmation either.
Not happy.
What am I missing here?
Clark Sr.
Rob Howden
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'll start by addressing guys who are asking why we didn't post a link to the 'new site'. That's obviously easy, as the new site is www.ekartingnews.com just link the old one and we simply changed the nameservers some that when people look for that URL, it will now go to the 'new' site. This is taking some time, as EKN had been at the same hosting company and server for 12 years. The Net is pretty set on taking people to that server when they're calling up ekartingnews.com. Most people have now getting routed to the new site, although some still get the 'Parallels Plesk' screen, which indicates that they're still getting brought to the old server. Just be patient, the site URL will eventually propagate completely and you'll be brought to the new EKN.

If you're here reading this, you now know that we maintaining the old site as EKN Classic to keep all the discussion, tips, news and reports as an archive. You can bookmark www.eknclassic.com so you can come back often to check it out.

As you know, we're having some issues with our forum and EKN Global registration procedure on the new site, but we're working through it. As it stands, as they register, some people are getting the activation emails and some are not. And sometimes, these emails getting routed to your spam folder due to the nature of the content. If you've registered, please make sure to check your spam folder as well.

That said, we're activating all of the member requests we receive, so if you just wait a bit and then try to log in, you should be good to go. If you're still having trouble, feel free to email David or I directly or through news@ekartingnews.com and we'll personally troubleshoot this for you.

We do appreciate the patience that is being shown by so many of our readers.
www.eKartingNews.ca
www.eFormulaCarNews.com
Robert Lawson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

Speaking computer to me is like trying to sell me a 4 stroke!!!

I get it, at least the part about the new and old sites sharing the common address...but I'm still getting that page you speak of.

Idiots like me wish you would have changed the name to EKN.com or something. Simple for tarts like us to just follow links or go right to a new address.

So, a test of patients it is!

Thanks for the long hours and work that goes along with it.

RPM
Ray Mcik

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob, check your pm's
Ray Mcik

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still cannot log in....
Rob Howden
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Mcik wrote:
Still cannot log in....

I figured we've got Ray handled now, but to put it out there again, if anyone is having trouble logging in, it's likely because they registered before we added the note that you can't have any spaces in your Log-in Username. If you're having trouble logging in, try adding a hyphen between your name, as the site admin automatically added it.

For example, it will look like 'User-Name'. This should take care of most of the issues.
www.eKartingNews.ca
www.eFormulaCarNews.com
Chris Hutchinson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking over the new EKN site for a few days I have to say that Iím still trying to figure out what the upgraded features are? Other than a new look, and new placement of the sponsorís banners, I canít really make a determination if the upgrade is for the users or more for administrative purposes? Overall, the general appearance does look better but is missing some components from the classic site that I think we all became used too.

Since those missing features have been mentioned by previous users, I will note the items which still need some adjusting

1) Not sure if anyone else had this problem but if you access the new EKN site via your smart phone using your I-Phone or Blackberry (for those you still have the BB) you cannot pinch and enlarge the screen like you can on the classic site.

2) I thought for sure that the new site would allow users to upload images and other media related content with a user friendly and intuitive procedure, but it seems like the old format still exist with a slight change. (Maybe this is one of the future enhancements will we see soon?)

Here are a couple of sites that I frequently visit in which I feel is user friendly, ease of use and allow for content rich i.e. images and all media related info to be uploaded by the users and shared with the participating members of the forum.

http://www.suzukicentral.com/

http://www.raptorforumz.com/

Iím sure that all of the bugs and enhancements will eventually get worked out and resolved. In the meantime, it might be helpful if a summary was provided for the anticipated future enhancements, at least we would all know what to expect in the very near future and can wait patiently.
Matt Dixon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting here because of the iPhone bug I already mentioned,

Return to Top button is a must for mobile users, plz add to To Do List...

Thanks again guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> General Karting Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: