EKN Platinum Forum - Russell
HOME - NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - MULTIMEDIA - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - INTERNATIONAL NEWS - NEW TO KARTING - CONTACT

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
Why not Shawano?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> General Karting Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Koyen
Advertiser
Advertiser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Would you travel to Shawanao for a Race? Reply with quote

mark coats wrote:
When I do surveys, Shawano is always at the top of the list as favorite tracks. If races we're scheduled there, would you travel to race there?
Mark Coats
USPKS &
Route 66 Sprint Series
Promoter

You know TJ would be all over that!
www.facebook.com/kartlift
Chris Wallace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Would you travel to Shawanao for a Race? Reply with quote

mark coats wrote:
When I do surveys, Shawano is always at the top of the list as favorite tracks. If races we're scheduled there, would you travel to race there?
Mark Coats
USPKS &
Route 66 Sprint Series
Promoter

Mark, shouldn't you be asking your customers whether or not they would come to Shawano if you scheduled a race there? Or maybe you have and you are looking for more input here. If that is the case I would be curious to hear what your customers have said about coming to Shawano.
Tim Koyen
Advertiser
Advertiser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Would you travel to Shawanao for a Race? Reply with quote

Chris Wallace wrote:
mark coats wrote:
Mark Coats
USPKS &
Route 66 Sprint Series
Promoter

Mark, shouldn't you be asking your customers whether or not they would come to Shawano if you scheduled a race there? Or maybe you have and you are looking for more input here. If that is the case I would be curious to hear what your customers have said about coming to Shawano.

As Mark mentioned, USAIR is always a popular choice on the year-end surveys that he does for R66. It is on the long end of the distance range for that group though, so it's hard to gauge how many would really show up. I think Mark is looking for more racers who would be willing to make the trip for a USPKS race there.

Its hard to speculate on the turnout a big race would bring, given the low local participation. Whenever there isn't much club action going on, it makes a promoter a little uneasy about relying completely on the traveling crowd. There really isn't any recent history at USAIR from a traveling kart series perspective, other than MWPKC, which was disappointing, but I believe they've struggled to gain traction for reasons other than the venue.

Best bet is to keep chipping away and rebuilding the local scene, then promoters will feel more comfortable with the risk of bringing bigger races. I've always said that these things start with kart shops. Get the shops' support, and you'll get the racers.
www.facebook.com/kartlift
Chris Wallace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Tim. Perhaps the August "money" race will help ease some of the concerns. Time will only tell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> General Karting Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: