EKN Platinum Forum - Russell
HOME - NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - MULTIMEDIA - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - INTERNATIONAL NEWS - NEW TO KARTING - CONTACT

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
kt100 air filter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Lozon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: kt100 air filter Reply with quote

I'm running a KT100 in the Florida heat and dense air. The engine is WKA legal for Mangf cup (4 hole can). Spend a lot of time practicing at Ocala Grand Prix. The gearing is set up to have the engine peak at 13800-14500 at the end of the straight away. The clutch is a Tomar TD23-3 set at 9000 rpm. My question is about the air filter in the air box.....should I run the standard foam or is this type of filter limiting HP and cooling? The foam seams to have an oil in it all the time. The pop-off is set at 10 with the low side at 2-1/4 the high at 1/16. 115 octane fuel at 7 ounces/gal with burris castor oil.

What do you think guys??
Walt Gifford

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internal foam filter is fine, it won't slow you down. The oil is normal and should be there to catch the grit. Just keep it clean as grit will eventually migrate through any filter.

The Burris castor is good, I would run 8 oz. but, with any castor you should flush it out by running some pre-mix made with something like Homelite chainsaw oil if you're going to let it sit for more than a month.

You don't need 115 octane gas, unless that's the spec gas for your race day. You can run high test from any gas station in a 4 hole can engine.

The Tomar TD23-3 is a bigger clutch that will cross over from can to pipe if you want to. Should be very dependable in 4 hole. Try setting it at 8,800.

Gif Cool
40 years karting experience
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> 2-Cycle Racing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: