EKN Platinum Forum - Russell
HOME - NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - MULTIMEDIA - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - INTERNATIONAL NEWS - NEW TO KARTING - CONTACT

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
Milka
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> Non-Karting Motorsports Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian Mead

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Milka Reply with quote

Good lord. Milka is now the offical track squirrel of ARCA. Pinballing her way around the track, you have to wonder if she even has a spotter. Couple of kids she's running against are less than happy campers. At some point that citgo money will run out. I just had a horrible thought. You don't think she'd take up karting do you? Ack!
Mike Burris

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Danica, she's just another product of the media and Motorsports version of affirmative action.At least Milka isn't waaay over her head like Danica is? Rolling Eyes
Mike Unger

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much as I am not a Danica fan I wouldn't say she is in way over her head.

Milka couldn't even get out of the way when being lapped in Indy car. Now she is doing the same in ARCA.

I saw her run the Robopong a couple years ago. I was not impressed.

I wish money wasn't the biggest factor in professional Motorsports.

If you are a high school kid who can throw a baseball 95 mph you will get paid to pitch. If you are the best kart racer in the country you might get a discount on parts. Sad but true.
Chris Livengood

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the best kart racer in the country doesn't haven enough funding to prove it.

Motorsports is a money game. Top level karting is no different. All you have to do is look at the cost to do a true full effort weekend at Man. Cup.

That said, Milka needs to stop.
http://www.Karting101.com
"Auto racing, helping white guys get laid since 1887!!!"
Mike Burris

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Much as I am not a Danica fan I wouldn't say she is in way over her head.

Milka couldn't even get out of the way when being lapped in Indy car. Now she is doing the same in ARCA."

I'd say Danica isn't much better than Milka simply because Danica's had 1st class cars ever since she came to Indy Car and now in NASCAR and Milka mid pack stuff at best. In Hendrick prepped Nationwide cars Danica had 60 startsand had 1 top 5 and 7 top 10's and and average finish of 21st. In Cup she's had 20 starts and an average finish of 27th! These numbers if it were a guy would be laughed at if he were applying for ANY ride (including the Crafstman Trucks) in NASCAR without bags of money.
The hype about Danica gets old especially when some bleeding heart comes on an says all she needs is more seat time! Rolling Eyes
TJ Koyen

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danica at least knows the line and has some form of racecraft. She's not a terrible driver. Just isn't that fast it seems. Milka, on the other hand, hasn't got a friggin' clue.

www.oktanevisual.com
www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
--------------------------
DB Motorsports
Exprit/Leopard
Rob Kozakowski

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really a fan either, but Danica can drive. No, she wouldn't get the "top" rides she gets if she was a guy, but her results would also not be judged so critically if she were a guy either. She's not one of the elite, but she's not out of place.

Indycar is basically a spec series, and while money does still play a role in spec racing (look at kart racing), the money has to be directed at the right things at the top levels (i.e. strong engineering) to be successful. And Andretti struggled with their engineering for a few years when Danica was there.

Seriously, you don't finish 5th in points in 2009, and ahead of all your teammates in a 4-car team (including TK) without some legitimate talent. Remove Penske and Ganassi, and Danica was "best of the rest" that year.

And in the Nascar world, she is slowly getting up to speed. I highly doubt she'll ever win or be a Chase driver, but she could be a top 20-25 with time. Nothing special, but hardly embarrassing and definitely not a danger to those around her.
Mike Burris

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, Danica wads up another car today right out of the gate at The Rock and then gets her back up out of the hauler qualifies 40th! (again! lol) Poor thing just needs more seat time and she'll be good to go. Laughing

Ps- not a hater, just not a believer!
Bill Angel

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If DW and the rest of the tv and radio people would treat her like any other back of the pack racer she wouldn't be so annoying to me. Example, last Sunday I was mobile and listening to Talladega on the radio and when a full field run down was given during the race when mentioning Danica at 20th it was stated what a good job she was doing. No mention of how good 19th or 21st were doing.

Nascar is not a sport its like the circus where hype and freak shows put asses in the seats. There's alot of drivers better than Danica watching or racing in lower divisions. I have no doubt that Larson would have better results with similar equipment.
frank jimenez

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be that you guys just don't like women in motor sports? How dare they take the place of some more deserving and talented driver!
I think the reality is more like; those more deserving drivers aren't good looking and don't have corporate money behind them.
Should Ashley Rogero, Katherine Legge, Betrice, or any girl your sons have to race against, just get out of the way?
You be the judge.
TJ Koyen

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frank jimenez wrote:
Could it be that you guys just don't like women in motor sports? How dare they take the place of some more deserving and talented driver!
I think the reality is more like; those more deserving drivers aren't good looking and don't have corporate money behind them.
Should Ashley Rogero, Katherine Legge, Betrice, or any girl your sons have to race against, just get out of the way?
You be the judge.

No, because drivers like Ashley Rogero are good.

www.oktanevisual.com
www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
--------------------------
DB Motorsports
Exprit/Leopard
Curt Smock

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how Ashley got drug into this I haven't a clue.
Cory Ross

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making it in something like NASCAR has more to do with marketing then driving skill. Danica has done a great job at marketing herself and getting the support she needs to be where she is. This happens all the time. The best drivers only get the best support if they have worked selling themselves to get it. Just because you are the best does not mean you will have the best support out there.
Dan Haynes

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are top level NASCAR drivers that are hurting for sponsorship (off the top of my head, Ryan Newman, Danica's teammate). Danica has attracted a lot of media attention, all of which happen to mention her sponsor. No matter where she finishes a race, her name and sponsor are talked about more than most others, including some top level drivers.
#3 Arrow X1-CIK
TaG
Cook Racing Engines Parilla Leopard
Bill Angel

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frank jimenez wrote:
You be the judge.

Could it be that you assume we don't want women in motorsports because we (I) think Danica does not have the talent to match the hype the media gives her. BTW, I always liked Sara Fisher and I was glad to see her do some good things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> Non-Karting Motorsports Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: