EKN Platinum Forum - Russell
HOME - NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - MULTIMEDIA - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - INTERNATIONAL NEWS - NEW TO KARTING - CONTACT

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
MYLaps
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> General Karting Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wehrheim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: MYLaps Reply with quote

What are everyones view of the new upgraded Rolling Eyes mylaps site.

Personally I think it is terrible and I filled out their Survey. The new site does not allow you to compare your laps times against your competitor like you could in the old version. If you do find a way, let me know. I also did not see any advanced features. If you do upgrade and don't like it or like it, let them know.
Jim White

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks and I told them so in the survey.
After I upgraded earlier today I show no past events. I've emailed and we'll see how helpful they are in retrieving all my prior data.
Chuck Parker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible. I can't believe someone hasn't started a timing company here in the states. I would think the market is pretty ripe for a much cheaper version. I'm not a rfid guy, but I know companies use the technology to track packages. I couldn't imagine being a promoter and having to buy a batch transponders. The timing loop wire is retarded expensive too. I read somewhere that one of the marathons give each runner a tag that goes inside the shoe. And the cost just a couple dollars. I know that type is passive, and my laps is active.
Brent Harper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree 100% with everyone so far. The new system is a joke.. I think they want you to buy the new plan for like $105 per year in order to be able to access all that data. Anyone know for sure?
Ted Murphy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even upgrade. I start the process, it sends me a confirmation email with a link. I click the link and it takes me back to the same spot on the website where I started and when I confirm the screen it sends me an email and the whole process starts all over.
JT Miles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, its bad..
Birel Kid Kart/ LAD C51 #7C
Intrepid/Woltjer KT100 #722
Emmick/K78 and TT25
Jim White

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted Murphy wrote:
I can't even upgrade. I start the process, it sends me a confirmation email with a link. I click the link and it takes me back to the same spot on the website where I started and when I confirm the screen it sends me an email and the whole process starts all over.

Had the same problem. Took about 3 tries to make it work.
The new site isn't about results. It's about making money and selling things. It's terrible. I've already bought and paid through the nose for my transponder. Give me my results without a bunch of bs.
Jim White

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are having some sort of issue as the site won't even load now.
Chris Bany

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even log-in.
Jason Bane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copied from the other thread about Mylaps...

I have the same experience. I went to the site a few days ago to look at some old lap times trying to get some data for an upcoming race. I tried to login, but couldn't so after double checking password and login info I finally discovered that they had upgraded the site. I went through the upgrade process a couple times, reset my password a few times, changed password to new format once, waited on emails to confirm, tried again, finally got in to discover that no old data was there...............unbelievable. I spent around 30 minutes trying to access my account and I never found what I was looking for.......
Larry Stewart

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been screwing around for days and can't log in. I keep going around in circles. Most annoying.
Tony Leone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to post all the MyLaps results on the SKUSA site. I knew they were taking that away and I was prepared to deal with that. What I wasn't prepared for was our competitors and their teams, fans and family from having to create an account and login to view results. I've been too busy with SpringNats to deal with it, but I am extremely disappointed in the new website.

On a side note... one thing to keep in mind about RFID and the references to package tracking and marathons... those tags don't cross the timing loops at 90mph, nor is that type of racing decided in the thousands of seconds like motorsports. And lets not forget, those RFID tags going into the shoes of runners or the RFID stickers going on swimmers.... still MyLaps (AMB).
Keith Buffo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not having any login issues.

I haven't raced since the upgrade, so I'm not sure what I'll see. It appears that old data won't be migrated?! I did check out the SKUSA results, and saw all the usual stuff, including other people's detailed race and practice results. The new charts (lap times?) made absolutely zero sense to me though.

The whole FLEX thing is pretty hard to figure out if you already own a transponder. Do I now need an account AND to buy a subscription to see my results? Um, isn't that what I already paid for? Maybe the $260 (or whatever I overpaid) isn't enough for them anymore. Maybe they're looking for a FLEXible way to get back into my wallet. Great.

Or maybe it's better, but their marketing and communication is so crappy we can't tell.
John Wehrheim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,
Please complete their survey so they know how bad it is
Thom Andresen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted Murphy wrote:

Same thing happens to me, I did it three times with the same result so I gave up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> General Karting Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: