EKN Platinum Forum - Russell
HOME - NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - MULTIMEDIA - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - INTERNATIONAL NEWS - NEW TO KARTING - CONTACT

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
Road Racing in the Elkhart Lake, Wisonson
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Brizzolara

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Road Racing in the Elkhart Lake, Wisonson Reply with quote

Have a potential job opportunity in Elkhart Lake, Wisconson. I know Road America is there. Any road racing on the long course there? Or any local road racing clubs?

I'm trying to limit my job search where I can road race my kart. Any input is appreciated...thanks!
Randy Pierson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best road race series in the US is based right in that area. 5 events this season..Gateway in May, Blackhawk in June, Gratten in July, Blackhawk again in August, with the season ending at Gingerman in Sept. You'll love the atmosphere and the racing is second to none.

Go to championshipenduro.com

It would be great to see you at the races!
Jim McMahon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The full road america course won't be seeing karts anytime soon for a series of reasons. The sprint track is still going for karts. RA was cool to run, but in anything less than a B-Stock, C-Open or a 250 its a snoozefest in a kart IMO.

What class(es) do you run Joe? TaG masters? Checkout my sig for a thread on the 2013 CES preseason discussion. The closest road course (if you mean longer track) racing will be Blackhawk Farms. Always very strong entries there with it being (kinda) central as well as close to the Chicago metro. gateway motorsports park too would be close. After that you are travelling to Michigan for Grattan (a must race track) and Gingerman.

The CES series is on FaceBook too if you are into that kinda thing: www.facebook.com/CESKarting
Chris Hegar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea running 125cc shifters at RA was sooooo boring....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThuJ9D4qu8U

NOT! Very Happy
Greg Wright

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Hegar wrote:
Yea running 125cc shifters at RA was sooooo boring....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThuJ9D4qu8U

NOT! Very Happy

+1 Chris

I AM INDY!!

"When in doubt, gas it. It won't help but it ends the suspense."
Jim McMahon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To each their own I guess. Personally it's not fun to repeatedly own slower drivers in the turns only to have them pass you after they sit in the vaccum behind your kart for 25seconds. Or, have them just use your draft to stay with you for the entire race, divebomb down the inside and hold both of you up. 25-30mins of draft, pass. Get drafted, be passed. Run flat to be board at around a tonne on a 4mile track, count the trees, listen to your iPod. Zzzzzz

Some drafting is fun absolutely, its part of racing, but RA in a kart is just too much draft skill\risk taking oriented with not enough emphasis on cornering abilty for my personal taste. I say that as a pretty slow in turns driver too LOL.

I'd make an exception for 100-odd entry numbers again though. That size of grid is hard to pass up.
Anyway, its all moot, RA won't be running karts anytime soon.
Jeff Salak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe,

We have a good group in Tag Masters and Tag Senior in the CES series. Both classes could use some new faces. They are run a few races apart. Tag Masters averages 10 racers a race and we might get 15 racers tops for any one event. This the last few years.
Also a Tag Heavy class, but no one runs it unless they need to break in an engine for the next day or for fun. CES series runs some great tracks. I hope to see you out this season!
The best turn-out is usually the 1st Blackhawk race.
I will be following the series if all goes well with work.

Badger Kart Club has a good sprint track an hour plus away from RA. They have a very good Tag Masters class. Average 16 guys on the grid. They will also be racing at the RA sprint track for a few events. But like Jim said, you wont see kart racing on the big track.

Jeff
Tom Barth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the race. Video kart was my grandson. Birel/K9B.

Power is good...more power is better... too much power is just right!
Mike Stroik

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive drove only 4 strokes at Road America(and a tag for a lap before the belt stripped) but i still had plenty of fun. Different style of racing with all the drafting but still an excellent track. I enjoyed both finishing lines...the one recognized by all other races there on the front straight and the one before the last corner. The one on the straight for sure had more drafting come into play, but the one before the last corner could easily be won if your the best out of canada corner. Wish we could go back but I understand why we can't. By far was my shortest tow of the year...only 45min through the rolling hills of the kettle moraine but i guess ill just have to settle watching the grand am and nascar races there.

Mike Stroik
Joe Brizzolara

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! Good to know, if I do get the job. I've been racing Tag in the Woodbridge Kart Club. I can't say enough about how nice the people there are or how much I enjoy racing with them. The only problem is the races are all pretty far from where I live. I'm also keeping my eyes open to jobs in the south Maryland, Delaware, Virginia. Hey if anyone knows of any engineering jobs in medical devices or pharmaceuticals, let me know.

I also do some sprint racing at OVRP, Raceway Park and NJMP closer to where I live. I mostly do Tag Masters there if there is a Tag Masters class.
Glen Critchett

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe,

will vouch for J. Salak's comments about CES and the TAG/Masters class. I also transferred to the midwest from the East Coast - ran WKC for several years and they are a great group. The CES group is also a good bunch and the tracks (Blackhawk, Grattan, Gingerman etc...) are comparable to what Woodbridge has back east.

If you've never been to Grattan - you are missing one of the best circuits IMO.......Two events there this year - one WKA (May) and one CES (July)

Come on out!
Joe Brizzolara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Glen,

Thanks for the information. Next interview is in Spencer Indiana. Pretty close to all of the tracks on the CES schedule too.

I'll also see if I can make it to Grattan for one of the dates this year even if I wind up staying in NJ!
Glen Critchett

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get the gig in Spencer, I am just "down the road" west of Louisville......about 2hrs away. Far as Grattan in May, believe there is a group coming from WKC/East Coast - the DRT crew and others......hope to see you at the track!
Brandon Schenkel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe

I take it your up in central/north jersey have you checked out Parexel Iternational, or DPT in Lakewood

as for the midwest, they have a bunch of great tracks

-Brandon

-When the Green Flag drops, the Bull Sh!t Stops!
-Anyone can speed, Its how fast you get there.
-I know I was born, I know Ill die, But the in between is MINE! -ed vedder
Joe Brizzolara

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the tips. Going though the jobs right now. Have an interview in New Brunswick tomorrow and the one out in Indiana next week.

Does sound like there there are some nice tracks in the mid-west.

Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> Road Racing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: