EKN Platinum Forum - Russell
HOME - NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - MULTIMEDIA - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - INTERNATIONAL NEWS - NEW TO KARTING - CONTACT

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
Indoor Facilities - Where is the BEST?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> Indoor / Sport Karting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Donato

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Indoor Facilities - Where is the BEST? Reply with quote

My son has a TopKart minimax, he loves karting, but does not get enough track time because we live in the Northeast. There are three indoor tracks in our area, Checkered Flag (MA), F1 Indoors (MA), and Maine Indoor Karting (ME).

Checkered Flag (electric karts) and Maine Indoor Karting (gas karts) have nice facilities where qualified children are allowed to drive and/or practice. F1 probably has the nicest facility in our area, but access to the track for children is somewhat restricted.

When we travel, my son always wants to try out any and all indoor facilities. Please share your opinions and thoughts as they relate to the BEST indoor kart facilities in the USA.
David Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For myself, Kart2Kart in the Detroit area and Chicago Indoor Racing in Chicago are among my favorites. CIR is a great place you could spend the entire day there with the full restaurant/bar along with two different tracks, or one really big track.
Facebook
Twitter
Oliver Kell

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO the two best in the world are in Milan, Italy
...just from what I've seen. Pal-K is out of this world and top fuel is better than anything I've seen on this continent.
Oliver Kell

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO the two best in the world are in Milan, Italy
...just from what I've seen. Pal-K is out of this world and top fuel is better than anything I've seen on this continent.
Chris Cunningham

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from Boston, MA so I would have to say that F1 Boston is my favorite. I like Victory Lane Karting as well in Charlotte, NC (I go to college at UNC Charlotte).

I have yet to go to Checkered Flag in Haverhill, MA or MMX in Mooresville, North Carolina but I plan on hitting up both of those places shortly, so my opinion may change!

I've also raced at the Orlando Karting Center in Orlando, FL as well as On Track Karting in Wallingford, CT. Nothing can still beat the thrills of F1 for me.
Steve Libretto

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: ON TRACK KARTING in CT!!! Reply with quote

Mark,

I've been to and driven indoor tracks literally all over the country. I've found tracks from small (18 second lap times) to large (1 min + lap times)..

By Far, the best track(s) you can go to are On Track Karting in Wallingford, CT & Brookfield CT. both are relatively large tracks (42-47 second lap times), in fact I think they are the biggest single tracks possibly in the country. There are a few tracks in the country that have multiple tracks that when combined, are larger then OTK, but they don't combine them often. The Owners at OTK are racing enthusiasts, and they are very much in tune with what people like us are looking for. The equipment is all very well maintained, the facilities are are tip top shape, and the staff are very attentive to keeping things smooth on the track. I've been to many places where the Marshall's/corner workers could care less about what's going on out on the track, and your experience, or your Son's could suffer. At On Track, they don't put up with BS, and bumper cars. Both Facilities feature tracks that are well configured and very technical, I can assure you that seat time for your Son will be we'll worth it.

I live on Long Island and regularly drive 3 hours to go to On Track, and it is well Worth It!!!!

Www.Ontrackkarting.com

Good Luck!!
Justin James

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Cole wrote:
For myself, Kart2Kart in the Detroit area and Chicago Indoor Racing in Chicago are among my favorites. CIR is a great place you could spend the entire day there with the full restaurant/bar along with two different tracks, or one really big track.

Chicago indoor racing is fantastic. I also like octane in Phoenix. In europe there are quite a few i love.
I disnt care for Kart 2 kart's facility,karts or lack of fresh air. Just snacks and beer in a bottle from SAMs club was a turnoff also
John Gay

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicago Indoor Racing is now owned by K1 and both facilities are re-opening with electric karts. Been racing at the 'old' CIR since 2005 and is a great place.
Jeff Salak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K1 who purchased CIR is a total disappointment to say the very least. I will NEVER go back!!!

Karts have a master controller who will decide how fast you go. They try and force this into a time trial and really dont want karts to race. In pre race meeting they told us about the place on the track that they want you to pass. When I came up on slower karts in the no pass zone. I could feel the kart loose some power and slow down and have tug back effect. Total bull crap!!!

2nd heat came and they didnt even have the group that I came with together. Total lack of customer support. Place is a TOTAL joke!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> Indoor / Sport Karting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: