EKN Platinum Forum - Russell
HOME - NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - MULTIMEDIA - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - INTERNATIONAL NEWS - NEW TO KARTING - CONTACT

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
Installing work lights on trailer wall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> Non-Karting Motorsports Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger Miller
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Installing work lights on trailer wall Reply with quote

Any suggestions on the proper way to mount the buckets for exterior, recessed work lights on the wall of our trailer?

I am thinking a wood or metal frame around the opening that would support the bucket and is supported by the wall studs.

This is the type of light I am planning.

Roger Miller
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazingly enough, my own post showed up first on the google search results when I was trying to track down more info on this kind of in-wall work lights for trailers.

To be honest, although they are installed, I haven't wired them up yet, as I was being lazy about the 110V wiring for the trailer.

Now that the LED thing is going a bit nuts, and 12V lighting seems very sufficient for the interior, I was starting to look into changing these over to some sort of LED lights instead of the halogen.

So, has anyone gotten into this yet? And know what would work?
I did some searches and found out that the 500W halogen is supposed to be putting out 10,000 lumens - so far, the LED work lights I have found that look like they could fit into the buckets are rated at 390 and 1280, and still looking.
Broque Ward

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just be careful with them, they arent as eco friendly as we think. energy efficient yes.. check out this article

http://www.gizmag.com/led-bulbs-found-to-contain-toxic-metals/17876/

as far as interior lighting how do you plan to power the lights led or 110v?

battery charged off of cars alternator? inverter? generator?

I was at harbor freight and they have some cheap solar panels.... I htink they were $145 and they work in cloudy conditions too.

which way are you thinking of powering them?
Scott Weeks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperBrightLeds.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> Non-Karting Motorsports Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: