EKN Platinum Forum - Russell
HOME - NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - MULTIMEDIA - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - INTERNATIONAL NEWS - NEW TO KARTING - CONTACT

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
Hooper/Ardelt @Blackhawk Farms IKF Nationals???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Giannopoulos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Hooper/Ardelt @Blackhawk Farms IKF Nationals??? Reply with quote

Big group of SCK/NCK opens trying at Blackhawk IKF Nationals.

http://www.lostenduros.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/gino51.JPG

I remember the "cover kart" b-stock batmobile going off in turn 2. He crashed into Stallion Owner, Steve Huffman.

Also, a wild start...

http://www.lostenduros.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/gino30.JPG

JG
Dan Meray

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that first photo the Hartman of Scott Salyer (sp)?
Steve O'Hara

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be Scott's kart but it is not a Hartman chassis. I don't remember what kind of chassis Salyer used but the chassis in the photo looks a lot like a Hornet. Frame layout and upholstery are not anything like a Hartman twin.

Pete can correct if I'm wrong but his Open Light National winner in 1978 was a chassis he built specifically to run the Henline hand built water cooled motor so it would not have been raced the year before by Doug. It was just about a perfect copy of a Hartman chassis but the frame was not polished, just clean bare steel.

If memory serves me Pete used a Hooper chassis and Mike Colver tuned Ardelts to win both Open classes in 1979 and I ended up with the chassis he used in 1978 to lead the Yamaha race until I got a flat tire.
Getting too old to be sure of anything LOL
Steve O'Hara
Christopher Ragan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at those tanks!
Dan Meray

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve O'Hara wrote:
Might be Scott's kart but it is not a Hartman chassis. I don't remember what kind of chassis Salyer used but the chassis in the photo looks a lot like a Hornet. Frame layout and upholstery are not anything like a Hartman twin.

Pete can correct if I'm wrong but his Open Light National winner in 1978 was a chassis he built specifically to run the Henline hand built water cooled motor so it would not have been raced the year before by Doug. It was just about a perfect copy of a Hartman chassis but the frame was not polished, just clean bare steel.

If memory serves me Pete used a Hooper chassis and Mike Colver tuned Ardelts to win both Open classes in 1979 and I ended up with the chassis he used in 1978 to lead the Yamaha race until I got a flat tire.
Steve O'Hara

Steve, we are not getting "old." Just more "experianced."
Christopher Harvey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve O'Hara wrote:

Steve O'Hara

Scott Salyer's kart was a Ed Shiffert Chassis. It is the same as the chassis that Bobby Shiffert raced with the twin BM 130s as seen in the Blackhawk start picture. In my pictures go both karts ar the inagural NCK Laguna Seca race, Bobby's kart did not have front brakes. If I am not mistaken, Bobby's ride was owned by Pancho Gonzales (the Tennis player). I believe he owned the dark blue Zip 250 shifter that Rick Gifford was driving that day as well.

-Chris H.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> Road Racing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: