EKN Platinum Forum - Russell
HOME - NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - MULTIMEDIA - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - INTERNATIONAL NEWS - NEW TO KARTING - CONTACT

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
MYLaps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> General Karting Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray Mcik

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda Baldus wrote:
Quote:
I can't believe there is not somebody out there thats going to come up competing against their monopoly. When they do mylaps customers will flee in droves. All because of a shoddy website that they really just refuse to fix out of what could be considered no more than arrogance.
I hate amb/mylaps!

You know that may be easy for a racer to say, especially if you are lucky enough to rent a transponder. But the tracks/clubs/promoters have lots of money wrapped up in software, transponders and the charging units, etc. They can't just throw that investment all by the wayside.
And we happen to own our five transponders!

We use Lighting software and it will use AMB transponders with no problem, Lightning is a comprehensive race event management system that clubs and organizations can use to track membership, event registration, generate gridsheets, perform timing and scoring, and track season points. This is a modular system so you can customize it to your specific needs. Once the program is customized to your rules and needs, you can use any of the modules with ease. The program offers you a great deal of flexibility, from a simple program to a streamlined start to finish product.
http://www.racelaps.com/lightning.htm
So yes there are other software providers
Greg Wilkinson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all of Angel's personal race results are now BACK. THANK YOU!
But there are still simple things wrong that need to return. (some of these are my opinion only)

1. We don't need fancy pastel colors. Black print on white background or paper will do. When you print out race results, the kart number does not show up in the little blue box. Drivers name in red, and important info in light grey that you can barely read. (my old eyes)

2. Can't compare your times to others, used to be able to do.

3. Page is too wide. I don't like to scroll left to right side of page to see everything.

You can't re-invent the wheel, it will always be round.
Kosmic T-11 - Comet Leopard
John Wehrheim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Wilkinson wrote:

2. Can't compare your times to others, used to be able to do.

This one feature that I use and want to see back. AMB should be very embarrassed on this whole fiasco.
Ray Chiappe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCK supplied a link here on the Forums. Whick I can actually look at on Mylaps. But log onto mylaps main page, I still can't get any results!!
Linda Baldus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said:
Quote:
Now if I could just print more than 17 laps, it would be good as far as I am concerned. I've asked my mylaps contact about that and will let you all know if they get back w/ me.

They have told me this too will be fixed in the next couple of weeks. Keeping fingers crossed.
Larry Stewart

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just logged into mylaps. The only thing I could do was update my profile, but that is progress. Someday I may find my results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> General Karting Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: