EKN Platinum Forum - Russell
HOME - NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - MULTIMEDIA - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - INTERNATIONAL NEWS - NEW TO KARTING - CONTACT

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
Who do you think will get Webber's seat?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> Non-Karting Motorsports Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gregory Dzielinski

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Who do you think will get Webber's seat? Reply with quote

Who do you think will get Webber's seat?
And why?
TJ Koyen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be close but I think Kimi has an edge in being a proven talent, plus he fits the marketing image well. Plus he gets on well with Vettel.

The Red Bull junior program is starting to look like a farce. Ricciardo and JEV are both decent but still haven't shown they deserve a Red Bull seat, at least in the eyes of Helmut and Dietrich.

I'd love to see Kimi go there and actually give Vettel a real fight. I think he could beat him.

Lotus doesn't seem to have the necessary funds to keep Kimi and they are running out of time to get a sponsor to get those funds.

www.oktanevisual.com
www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
--------------------------
DB Motorsports
Exprit/Leopard
Chris Livengood

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimi. Yep.
http://www.Karting101.com
"Auto racing, helping white guys get laid since 1887!!!"
Peter Zambos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, I think it will be Kimi. I see this as a good thing, which is, that it makes Marko look bad. I see him as a constant distraction and, now that his driver program yet again fails to pay off, hopefully we'll see his irritating presence decrease.

edit: Oh, I forgot the "why" part. Um, well, because he's fast. Apart from that, a Red Bull function is probably one of the things that Kimi won't mind attending, as they're typically filled with booze and girls.
roberto perez

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that any changes to the Ferrari seat ( if any ) would affect the availability of Red bull slot..........
I think Kimi would be the one to get it, however, if Red Bull has learned any type of lesson is to get somebody, who goes in with a "confirmed #2 driver mentality" Like a Riccardo...
#11 TAG & TAG MASTERS
http://rpphotography11.blogspot.com
Ambrose Buldo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If RBR is being truthful that they want the best driver availaible, that would be Kimi. Kimi + Seb + Newey makes RBR an unstoppable force in on quest of Manafactures Championship. May not be the easiest combo to manage and unsure if Kimi wants extra committemtns tied to Red Bull Promotion.

I think Massa loses the Ferrari seat as you need a more consistant driver to have ability to capture Manafactures Championship. Teams care more about the Mfg Championship than the World Drivers Championship.

You may end up with 1 or two very desiriable seats at Lotus.

Engines are going to be the big story next year, possibly upsetting the pecking order.
Kart for myself: Intrepid Silverstone Pro w/HPV3 --- With a ROK TAG engine waiting in wings
Kart for Daughter: 2001 Birel ARC-100
Francois Brun-Wibaux

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think a team wants a driver with a "confirmed #2 mentality"...it's in the teams best interest to have both drivers with a winning mentality. after all it's easier to get constructor's championship when both drivers are potential winners.
If the team can afford it they will choose the best driver. Kimi, Sutil, Bottas, Riccardo & Hulkenberg are all contenders.
Ty Schlorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'll be Ricardo. Having Seb and Kimi there would end up being like McLaren when Hamilton and Alonso were there. The only time in resent memory that two number 1 drivers has worked has been McLaren with Lewis and Jenson.
#21 Rotax Max
SPS Racing
Brian Mead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm Vettel I try to make damn sure that Kimi doesn't get within ten feet of that seat. Those two would start exchanging gunfire on the starting grid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> Non-Karting Motorsports Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: