EKN Platinum Forum - Russell
HOME - NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - MULTIMEDIA - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - INTERNATIONAL NEWS - NEW TO KARTING - CONTACT

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
Worlds Fastest Slot Car race

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> Non-Karting Motorsports Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Hurst

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Worlds Fastest Slot Car race Reply with quote

Shocked

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-12/01-17-12page-Worlds-fastest-slot-car-race.htm

Uhhhh.....
Ted Hamilton

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just wait...that's what it will be like once we get electric karts.....25,000 rpm.
Owner, www.hamiltonhelmets.com // UAS Racer #76 // Karting for karting's sake...keep it fun!
Brian Mead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the coolest thing I haver ever seen in my entire life. God I love slot cars. Cox, Russkit, Strombecker...... I have to stop now, I'm giving away my age.
Ted Hamilton

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I have a modern 4 lane TOMY HO setup and plan to make my own custom routed layout soon.....but I prefer the old AFX T-jets -- you actually had to drive those. And you could customize them and still appreciate the detail (kinda') at speed. As advance as r/c cars have gotten, if I'm stepping up in size, I'd just go r/c now instead of slots.... I'd like to see 'em drive those lightning bolts with foamie tires (non-prepped) and regular bodies with no clear wedge wings...

Owner, www.hamiltonhelmets.com // UAS Racer #76 // Karting for karting's sake...keep it fun!
Chris Hurst

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a nice bit of kit Ted, I thought you guys would like this. Couldn't believe my eyes when they took off. How do you even keep track of the cars?

Me and my brother used to have little slot car sets that were pretty basic when we were kids. He always got the 917 and I was always stuck with whatever other car we had haha. Had a lot of fun and it's something I'd love to get into again at some point.

When I lived in NC they had a pretty serious indoor track where guys modified suspension setups, prepped tires, light weight wheels and added all kinds of things to make their cars faster.

This video just stopped me in my tracks though and I had to post it. Insane.
Peter Zambos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been two times in which my Dad and I pursued other outlets during the offseason. One of them was slot cars. We found a track in Lombard, IL. We thought, "this looks simple and low cost, sure let's do it." We quickly found out that even in our stock class, we had to replace nearly every element of the car (everything but the motor), our controllers were substandard and we should consider a different tire compound.
One week, it was announced that the regular meet was on hold and that, next week, a large event would take place. Curious noobs that we were, we showed, but just to watch. Turned out that it was a global even with drivers from as far away as Japan and Germany. You couldn't even see the cars to drive them, they were so fast.
Needless to say, though it was fun, it required too much time and effort for a mindless distraction, so we didn't last too long.
Ted Hamilton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've since dismantled that layout, and it's sitting in a box awaiting either more motivation or a new owner. I race 'em because they're fun --- aka box stock. Smile I went to a HO oval sprint car race once against some "tuners" and proceeded to beat them with a stock loaner car with a beat up body. Just goes to show, like karting, he who practices most wins most -- tuning is important, but secondary to the driver to a point...

Maybe I'll have to go dig this out now.... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> Non-Karting Motorsports Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: