EKN Platinum Forum - Russell
HOME - NEWS - FEATURES - DRIVERS - PR WIRE - FORUMS - MULTIMEDIA - PHOTOS - SCHEDULES - RESULTS - LINKS - INTERNATIONAL NEWS - NEW TO KARTING - CONTACT

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 
Needs an update or something!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steven Bianco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Needs an update or something! Reply with quote

This forum has the potential to be a really good resource but the software is lacking. Is this even a V-Bulletin platform? If it is, it needs an update, BAD!

By the looks of it, it is. If money is the issue, create a forum that you can join for FREE with limited access to "Club" level options.

Example: http://www.chevelles.com/forums/

Pretty basic forum, makes sense and supports the person hosting the site.

Then there is the basic, all FREE site like my company uses. Of course we pay for the software but membership is free

Example:http://community.freebord.com/forum/forum.php

And to end this rant, the search feature is horrid! Just a little more tweaking and this site could have the potential to take modern day karting to the next level. Juss sayin'.
David Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the message Steven. I don't think this forum is holding back the sport from growing, it actually does the opposite.

We have a complete new redesign website in the works that we hope to launch soon. Thanks.
Facebook
Twitter
steven Bianco

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Cole wrote:
Thanks for the message Steven. I don't think this forum is holding back the sport from growing, it actually does the opposite.

We have a complete new redesign website in the works that we hope to launch soon. Thanks.

Hey David. Sorry, didn't mean it that way. Was just thinking that this really is the only good resource as far as forums go. So would be cool to see it at its best!

Is this a V-Bulletin? More or less its the functionality that is lacking.

Great to see that you guys are improving it! Can't wait to check it out.
David Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is phpbb.
Facebook
Twitter
Jim McMahon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, you know vbulletin isnt free right? External "free" hosting is rarely a good idea for any kind of body that values its data. It's search functionality aint all that either, often you wind up using a google custom search.

I moderate a couple of vbulletin boards (boards.ie is one). While the nerd in me says it would be nice to have features like rep/thank posts, easy addition of images/attachments etc but this also requires extra resources to manage and needs to be considered carefully. Plus theres the fact that really some of these things may only appeal to the minority of users here.

There's always room for improvement but I dont think there is really anything within the restrictions of ekarting's phpbb setup that is truely holding karting back. At the end of the day it provides a platform for an exchange of data and does this pretty well. Any departure from the current setup needs careful consideration and I believe that's what David and Robert's approach is going to be.
steven Bianco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks guys. If I offended anyone I'm sorry, it was not my intention.

Thanks for providing this great resource.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EKNClassic.com Forum Index -> EKN Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: